Monday, June 29, 2009

We're back!
Thanks Mom!!! You are the best!!!!!!!!!!!

We had a great time!! It was a little different this year, because I knew that this would be our last summer vacation without a little one...Which is not a bad thing!


We arrived on Saturday and stayed for a week. Wow...How fast a week can go by! The place is beautiful. This is our 4th year to go to this place and we absolutely love it! We have done Destin, Gulf Shores, and Orange beach, but we really really really love Fort Morgan! We stay at Martinique and I would recommend it to everyone!!


At the outlet mall my mom and I wanted to go crazy shopping for Baby B, but since we don't know to shop for blue or pink it was very hard! Mom did buy some onesies. Baby B now has 500 onesies!


The beach was beautiful!!! The water was cold...I am not kidding! I really liked it because it kept the jelly fish away. I stayed covered under the umbrella with sunscreen and managed not to get burnt....that is until the last day. It seemed to go all downhill!! I got a rash on my legs...Mom thinks it was a heat rash, Brian thinks it was chlorine, and I believe it was allergic reaction to sunscreen. I soaked in a bath of Avveno.
We had one more day on the beach, I talked to the nurse and gave she me the OK. I went out to the beach late (11:30) and stayed till 4 ish. I stayed under the umbrella...Completely covered!!! I GOT COOKED!!!! I was miserable! Brian did some research and found the idea of bathing in tomato juice...so I was off to another bath. GROSS to say the least. I felt like a noodle soaking in the spaghetti sauce. It worked for a little while..it definitely took the burn out.

That night I slept horrible and I still had the ride home. By the time I got home I was so swollen and miserable! I literally had cankles-for those who don't know what that is it is when your calf and your ankles go into each other...SEXY!
The sunburn has now gone away, but I still have a little rash. I hope it goes away by Wednesday. Wednesday is my next doctors appointment and it looks like I am going to have to fess up to my doctor if it doesn't go away.

Now that we are back, I start summer school on Wednesday. My last two classes for my masters! YIPPPPEEEE! I'm more nervous about taking my COMPS! Which I should be studying for right now!

I hope everyone has a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment